Tuesday, September 02, 2008

BOOK REVIEW: The Last Lecture

If you have seen Randy Pausch’s lecture on YouTube, or saw him when he was on Oprah it still doesn’t compare to this book. The book tells what was going on in his head before, during and after his lecture. Further to this, he provides an inspirational story about life lessons and learning what’s truly important in life. Moving and inspiring at the same time, I laughed and cried. This books beats Tuesdays with Morrie hands down and is now my new favourite book.

Randy passed just this past month. I was incredibly disappointed that I honestly didn’t get around to watching the lecture on YouTube or reading his book until after his passing. After reading a good book I like to contact the author to tell them how much I enjoyed it. Sadly, I did not live in the moment and waited until it was too late for this opportunity. This does not negate the wonderfulness of this book.

Coming in at 207 pages, I read it in a day and truly could not put it down. I would recommend this book to everyone young and old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home