Saturday, April 05, 2008

Stuff White People Like #94 Free Health Care

Latest entry of Stuff White People Like.

In spite of having access to the best health insurance and fanciest hospitals, white people are passionate about the idea of socialized medicine. So much so that they have memorized statistics and examples of how for-profit medicine has destroyed the United States.

Apparently I've been living under the internet equivalent to a rock the past few months as I never heard of this blog until today. The 29 year old Canadian blogger, Chris Lander has received 21 million hits on his blog and a book deal from Random house.

I can't say that I completely identify with the majority of the entries. It appears that the "white people" Landers is describing are urban yuppies from Toronto, with whom I don't really identify (I don't get the fascination of sushi, vintage or modern furniture). That being said, I do love wine, dinner parties and I am addicted to Starbucks coffee (coffee, not the 4$ frothy milk stuff). I still find it funny because I can see a lot of my friends and my experience at Trent U in this list. Of course, like every stereotype there is no one person that fits this entire mold.

Click here for the full list.

7 Comments:

Blogger Johnathon said...

How did you hear about this blog?

Sat Apr 05, 04:00:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Spitfire said...

Hi John,

I hear about the blog from this article in Macleans.

Sat Apr 05, 04:48:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Reid said...

#11... Asian Girls.

My personal fave from the list. As I'm from Vancouver and went to UBC this one is close to my heart.

There's quite a few things on that list I like. Which isn't surprising since I am a white guy.

Sat Apr 05, 07:12:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jarrett said...

There are two people I know who don't love sushi: you, and one of my best friends at law school, the token Japanese guy in the Class of 2010. But the latter is mostly because he eats it every day at home and doesn't see why we should go to a sushi place every time we go out.

You're obviously missing something, particularly if you're willing to spend $4 on a cup of coffee ;)

Sat Apr 05, 09:26:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Spitfire said...

Jarrett,

If you actually reread the post I insist I like the coffee, not the 4$ latte crap.

Sat Apr 05, 10:06:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jarrett said...

...Touché.

Sun Apr 06, 07:31:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I guess it was inevitable.
http://stuffebplike.com/

Tue Apr 08, 09:57:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home