Thursday, February 07, 2008

"A cotton swab in the ear can kill"

Not my quote or headline but you may now add cotton swabs with the list of things that could kill you (uuuuh...everything?).

I wonder what they are going to ban on planes next...Q-tips...on a plane...Certainly the danger of a Q-tip being used as a weapon is greater than my toothpaste!

The Quebec coroner's office says cotton swab manufacturers should warn consumers about putting their product in their ears after a man died from related complications.

"I think we should go one step further, and maybe have a pictogram on the package, with a little ear and a red X mark," Quebec coroner Dr. Jacques Ramsay suggested.

In a report released Tuesday, Ramsay said using a cotton swab even once to clean inside ears can lead to fatal consequences.

6 Comments:

Blogger KURSK said...

Give me a break..that's it!..i am never going to get out of bed again lest i die from cold feet, hunger, lack of sleep, coffee withdrawl, tripping over the kitten on the way downstairs, eating toast carcinogens, burning a hole in my stomach with orange juice,drowning in the shower, cutting an artery while shaving, falling down the stairs rushing out the door, having a heart attack at the wheel from one too many timmy's, having a stroke at work from information overload etc, etc etc..ad nauseum..

Help, i can't live!

Thu Feb 07, 04:56:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jarrett said...

Holy crap! Seeing as in torts we're doing negligence all freaking semester, I smell a way to make money!

Is it reasonably foreseeable? YES!
Is there a duty of care from the makers of Q-Tips to the users? ... Maybe?

Oh man, I've been doing too much of this lately...

Fri Feb 08, 03:05:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What corner's work in Quebec!?!!?

Sat Feb 09, 04:56:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean coroner's (sorry)

Sat Feb 09, 04:56:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kursk, you forgot "Running With Scissors". Never run with scissors!

Mon Feb 11, 04:18:00 PM EST  
Blogger Nicol DuMoulin said...

Hey Spitfire,

Yes it seems like everything can kill nowadays. And the unfortunate thing is that most people do not even question it. Kind of like how when it is 22 degrees in July, a normal temperature, many act as though they are melting from global warming because the TV tells them so.

Also, please forgive my late posting of a comment you made on my site re The Border. I have been away for awhile trying to finish a writing project and became negligent. I regret even having to put moderation on, but last spring I got a bunch of extreme types leaving comments on my site. I did not like what their links revealed so I have kept comment moderation up since.

Best

Wed Feb 13, 11:01:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home