Monday, April 09, 2007

Proof that Everything Happens for a Reason

I checked the mail around 2pm today, no mail. I decided to go and check for it again around 5pm. We have one of the little boxes that you have to walk down the street to get. No mail. On the way back I noticed, what I thought was tacky lights in someone's garage. Getting a little closer I realize that it was a fire!

The fire was small enough that I could go through the garage and go to the door that goes into the house. I first banged on the door, quickly realized that I'm sure owner wouldn't mind if I just barged in. I yell FIRE FIRE FIRE HELLO IS ANYONE HOME?

A guy comes running. I asked if he had a fire extinguisher. He said no. I said I have one, just a second. I ran 6 doors down cutting across everyone's lawn, run into my house, and run back over. I see that that he's tried to get the garden hose around the house. I give the extinguisher to the guy and he puts out the fire.

A couple of neighbours came by (a considerable amount of smoke has come out of the garage by now). All is well though. The fire started on this plastic shelving that was full of expensive power tools. The guy insists that it wasn't his ciggarettes because he smokes at the table and not near the shelf. He blames that a couple of the power toosl were plugged in charging.

If I hadn't been so obsessive about checking the mail, and if at that very moment I didn't check the mail, the entire garage, and possibly the house could have had a lot more damage than it did.

Everything truly does happen for a reason.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have found myself in strange but similar circumstances. It's funny how things go sometimes.

Mon Apr 09, 06:29:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jarrett said...

You really are a heroine ;)

Mon Apr 09, 06:44:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, then, the job that I was supposed to begin on Thursday which has now fallen through....has happened for a reason. :-)

I know that's true, I'm just still bummed out about it.

Mon Apr 09, 07:29:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course there is no mail today. This is Cananda and it is easter Monday. The silly servants don't work today.

Mon Apr 09, 09:15:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Spitfire said...

I figured because the LCBO was open, that there would be mail today.

Mon Apr 09, 11:01:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Ashton W said...

Great post thannks

Thu Jun 09, 11:07:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home