Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My name is Spitfire, and I...

a have a problem.

I am addicted to buying books.

I admit, it's become a problem. Yesterday was bad. I ordered three books online, then that night, I went to the mall to pick up a few items, and found myself in a bookstore, and bought three more.

Problem is, I don't want to stop, and I don't think I should. It's not a problem. I can control this. I will never let it come between me and my partner.

He has tried to curb this addiction. When we go into chapters, he takes away my wallet. Last week we went in, and I didn't buy one thing! And I didn't even want to! There was nothing that I wanted. Other times when I come over to the other end of Chapters with 8 books with me, I'm allowed to pick 2. Other times I have to make promises that I will read them by a certain date. These methods do work. But it my partner is not alone, it's dangerous.

I don't get a rush from this. I don't look forward to my next hit. No one will get hurt. It's just me and my books. There's nothing wrong with liking books....right?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jarrett said...

My sympathies.

I was in a bookstore today to get a Christmas gift. I had to try like a bastard to not walk out with half a shelf. My brother had to keep reminding me that we were there to buy gifts for someone else.

It was sad, really.

Fri Dec 22, 11:03:00 PM EST  
Blogger The Tiger said...

There's nothing wrong until you're in grad school and your parents' basement is filled with boxes upon boxes of them...

My home (if I ever have one) is going to have a library in it. Possibly a few rooms, actually...

Tue Dec 26, 01:37:00 AM EST  
Blogger K. Shoshana said...

I suffer from the same addiction. I go to the used bookstores alot - it really eases the pain on the pocket book.

Wed Dec 27, 05:49:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home