Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas

I've been tagged!

Three Things I Would Really Love to have for Christmas:

1. More TIME -- For friends, for family, for myself. Last week I just realized how much of a hermit I have become this semester. Although I pulled off great grades (I think) with bring on overload this term, I miss just hanging out with friends. I wish I had more time to read, pleasure reading!

2. A shiny diamond....doesn't necessarily have to be on my finger ;)

3. A little bit of extra money -- so I would be worried about making rent, books next term, groceries, grad school applications (freaking expensive!!!!)...perhaps one day I can afford a laptop, a car, or even an iPod....


Three Things I DON'T Want for Christmas:

1. Think About School -- I don't want to know about my grades until I get back to Peterborough. I worked really hard doing an overload of courses in my fourth year. So far I know I got (warning boasting:) the highest mark in the class on the final assignment of my qualitative sociology course. Unfortunately one portion of my final grade was a group assignment and presenation (I HATE group work. I just like things done, at my standard, which is pretty high). At the same time, I know I can't do all the work and let everyone get credit for it. Anyway, the group mark was one of the lowest marks, which wasn't that low, but it brought my mark down. I also don't want to think about the assignments I have due when I get back. Yes, I have a 3 hour seminar presentation and a large essay proposal when I get back, but I don't want to think about it. Also I don't know if I want to take macroeconomics in overload. I took Micro this term, which was ok, but I really don't know if I can overload on 2nd term of my fourth year. I remember overloading last year (6 courses instead of 5). I overloaded in first term, because that's how the courses were laid out. Second term I only had 4 courses and I was barely keeping afloat).

2. Family Fights -- Not that my family fights at the time (if at all). I just think that would ruin Christmas.

3. More Canadian Soldiers dying -- Thinking of our men and women overseas during this Christmas season. Although you are far from home, you're never far from my heart.

I tag:

The War Room
Canadianna
Joanne's Journey
Optimist Realist
My Left Wing Girlfriend

2 Comments:

Blogger Joanne (True Blue) said...

lol! I just happened to wander over here and see that I have been tagged!

I love your reference about the soldiers. I am with you on that for sure.

I'm not a bit fan of being tagged; mostly because I can only write when inspired. Hence I would never make a good pundit for MSM. Too much pressure. But if I get inspired, I'll do something along this line for New Year's wishes. Cheers!

Fri Dec 29, 11:54:00 AM EST  
Blogger Robert W. said...

My god, I'm now convinced that you're my long lost younger sister!! Some of your thoughts seem like they were pulled right out of my brain. I especially smiled at "I HATE group work". Any wonder why I've worked for myself for the past 12 years?!

Belated Christmas Greetings and Happy New Year, sis!!! Robert

Sun Dec 31, 02:13:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home