Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Stem Cell Myths

I've been sorta of out of the loop the past couple weeks drowning in school work. So this may be old news, but I really enjoyed this informative post from Vek about Myths regarding stem cell reasearch.

I haven't really paid attention to this debate, because, after dropping science courses after grade 10, I don't really know enough about it, and obviously take what the media/academics about it with a grain of salt. We got talking about stem cells in my Risk Sociology class and no one really knows a lot about it. So I thought this was a very informative post. Check it out!

3 Comments:

Blogger No said...

How does "risk" sociology differ from sociology? I'm being serious. I really want to know.

Thu Nov 09, 06:38:00 AM EST  
Blogger Spitfire said...

Risk sociology examines theories about "the risk society", meaning management of risk, social panics, health epidemics, bioethics, genetic diseases. For example, today we're all "at risk" or something. No one is immune to any form of risk. There's always risks to children (injury etc...) to adults (we are a financial risk, risk for cancer etc...). So this course just examines how our society looks at risk. Does that make it clear?

Fri Nov 10, 03:14:00 PM EST  
Blogger No said...

Yes, thank you.

Sat Nov 11, 12:47:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home