Friday, November 03, 2006

Crazy Commies: "Make Affluence History"

I'm all for support worthy causing. Making poverty history is one of them. Making Affluence History is not.

I actually couldn't believe my ears when I heard this workshopannounced in one of my classes today. You've got to be kidding me. Equality doesn't exist. You can't lower the common denominator to just make everyone equal. I have the right to improve my quality of life. Of course the left-wing have the blame the rich for all the world's problems. But the argument is the same. They say you are born in poverty and have to work your entire life trying to get out. But at the same time, wealth in our nations is not rag to riches stories, you're born into your class. Thus, if you're born in an affluent family, is it your fault? No, but you're at blame for all's wrong with the world. And somehow it is also you're responsibility to fix them? Causes of poverty aren't because the rich/right-wing cut social programs. Good things come from having a good with stable families. Not one-parent or fatherless families. Now, I'm no Dr. Phil, but substance abuse/domestic abuse doesn't often happen in grounded two-parent families, but rather, in families, where one partner does not have the self-esteem and ability to escape a dangerous or unhealthy situation.

Everyone at least once in their life was wished they had more money. It's the goal/objective that strives you to work hard. If you work harder, longer, more effectively, you can give X to your family, or you can not have to stress over money. For example, If work hard to a get a graduate scholarship, I can buy a car next year. If I get search for a great, well paying job, I will be able to put a down payment on a house in the next 5-7 years.

As Charles Adler said in his rant back during the election time (if you haven't already heard it, you MUST listen it)

Now, don't get me wrong, I am all for living within your means. Especially with the excessive debt our western nations because we're all living on credit or on loans. But you have no right to tell me what I can/should do with my money. If want to buy a cottage, or a boat, or a big screen TV because I want to, I should be able to. That's why we live in a free country.

I should start a workshop at Trent: "Make Communism History"

4 Comments:

Blogger No said...

"Not one-parent, no father, welfare, substance abuse, domestic abuse doesn't stem in groudned two-parent families."

What?

Sat Nov 04, 04:36:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jarrett said...

I love how they have an ad for expensive fair-trade coffee on the sidebar. I sat there laughing over a cup of my "250 cups a jar" instant crap.

I made my day.

Sat Nov 04, 06:00:00 PM EST  
Blogger Spitfire said...

No: Thanks for pointing that out! It was definitely Friday ;) I have fixed the sentence to translate Sharon-speak to coherant sentances.

Sat Nov 04, 06:46:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all; please read over your entire blog. There are many grammatical errors, which make your weak argument only seem less educated.
Next: affluence is the reason for poverty. Please do a search for "environmental footprint calculator" on the internet. Complete the questions. Read the response. Understand? You see, as we were taught in elementary science, energy cannot be created or destroyed. The earth is finite. That means that when we run out of resources, we literally have none left. They don't just pop out of nowhere like Wal-Marts around the country. Due to the consumption of the western culture it is a physical impossibility to end extreme poverty in the world. We are consuming more than our share, making it impossible for others to eat. The resources that could be used as energy to grow food are instead used to manufacture " cottages, or a boat, or a big screen TV." Do you understand? Affluence is the reason for extreme poverty. Your consumption is literally killing other people. If you live a certain lifestyle, with your apparent "right...to buy a cottage, or a boat, or a big screen TV..." that means you do not care about ending poverty. Do not claim to think that the "Make Poverty History" campaign is a worthy cause. If you did think that, you would be willing to change your lifestyle.
Also, please research communism, and be careful as to how you use this word. The end of affluence is not a state nessesarily occuring in a communist society. Try to understand the concept at least a little bit before posting your opinion on it.

Wed Nov 29, 01:02:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home