Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Boondock Saints 2: Coming Soon!!!


I can't pick one movie to be my favourite. There are so many to list. However near the top of the list would be The Bookdock Saints.

In first year of University we were obsessed with this movie. I watched it countless times and downloaded all the incredible music. I also downloaded all the songs from Troy Duffy's band, Boondock Saints. Too bad all that friendship went downhill after a big fight and Duffy being an asshole.

I have just heard (being very out of the loop of the movie world) that Boondock Saints 2 is looking like it's going to happen! Saaawweeeeeeeeet!! There are some legal bugs to work out, and most of the cast is returning (except Willem Dafoe :-( ) and they have funding from Fox. Here's an idea of the plot from Agent DVD:

Legal issues have stymied a much-desired Boondock sequel, titled All Saint’s Day. Five years have passed and the MacManus brothers are hiding in Ireland. When they’re framed for the murder of a priest back in Boston, the brothers return for vengeance.


Also, here's an interview with Norman Reedus:

DRE:How is Troy Duffy doing?

NR:He’s doing great man. I’m not really at liberty to say what the status of Boondock Saints is but I can say it’s good for the sequel. There was a whole lot of stuff that needed to get cleared up and he got it cleared up, which is great. But he’s doing really good. He just got this new house, he’s got a new car, he’s getting married. I just went over there for a barbecue last night.

[...]

DRE:Will you and Sean [Patrick Flanery] been the sequel?

NR:Yeah we will. We’re going to introduce a third saint who is helping us. I think [David Della] Rocco is coming back in a dream flashback. The script is really great. I know Troy has done a lot of changes on it but the last script I read was amazing.


Although the movie likely won't come out for a couple years, this is one movie I am willing to see opening day!

Of course I have to finish this post with:

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee My Lord for Thee. Power hath decended forth from Thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

Hat Tip: Robert Philips

2 Comments:

Blogger Jarrett said...

Hmm... Last I heard, All Saint's Day was nothing more than a rumour designed to create publicity for Boondock Saints.

No matter how many times I see it, it's still awesome.

Thu Sep 07, 12:16:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Nicol DuMoulin said...

Duffy had a very mercurial rise in the film industry and had a major deal given to him by Harvey Weinstein in a bar. Sadly, his on set behaviour and antics alienated him from so many people that he has never really rebounded.

It is amazing however, how many people truy love this film and discovered it on DVD.

There is a documentary about him that was made on this called, Overnight. I have not seen it and think it is hard to find but it might be worth looking for if you like Boondock.

Best

Thu Sep 07, 01:26:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home