Sunday, June 25, 2006

Family + Food + Laughter = Great Weekend!

It's been a great weekend. My boyfriend, George, came down on Thursday night. On Friday we went to bike shops in town, first looking for a road bike for George, and then we ended up looked at mountain bikes for me. I was looking for one with full suspension and found a Trek Fuel 80 for $400 off for $1275. I took it out for a test ride up and down a hill, through some grass and also on pavement. It was the cheapest full suspension in the store. But I still didn't want to spend that much, even if I'm using it for the Mountain Biking Team or to bike to school in the fall. But I figure, this will be the last bike I buy, so I want a good quality bike that will last for a long time.

When we got home, we checked out cycle classifieds and found a Trek Fuel 70 (pretty similar) within an hour's driving for $900. I called but the guy was out of town and wouldn't be home until Monday. I was disappointed because I wanted to take a look at it since be going up to that area the next day.

We went to the Opa Outdoor Greek Festival that night. It was smaller than we had imagined but the good was pretty good. Unfortunately I have yet to find a Greek Salad that is better than Alexandos in Peterborough. The Souvlaki and Tzatziki at the festival was delicious! The dancing was great to watch while eating, but after than there wasn't much else to do.

On Saturday George and I went to Hamilton for a big family BBQ get together. It was great to see the extended family and kids all at once. I drew George a family tree to try and explain how everyone is related and names. It was my dad's extended family. His brother, John came up from New Brunswick and all of his sister, Linda (and her husband, Ted)'s children (and their children) were there. I finally got to meet Nathan, he's 5 months now. Also Ginny and James and their kids, MacKenzie (4) and Lindsay (2), were there, who I don't get to see too often either. And it was great to see the older kids, Steven (14), Madeline (11) and Jordan (10). George and I supervised the older kids in the pool for a little bit, then we watched the video scrapbook that my brother and I made for my dad's 50th birthday (a few years ago) which had many reaching for the kleenex (This video has made people cry who aren't related to us and don't know our family that well). We had a scruptious dinner with a potluck of food from everyone. MMmmm (Aunt Linda please send me that Potato salad recipe!) But then we had to leave :(

Unfortunately, we missed Danielle and Glenn because we could only stay until 5:30 because we had to drive back to London to be at George sister's birthday get together. They were also have a BBQ dinner and cake, and pushed their BBQ back to 7 so that we could make it. Riley is getting so big now at 8 months. Rebecca and Jeff were there too with Kennedy who's 7 months now and crawling up a storm. George's mom and brother were there too and of course Buster, the Jack Russell, was tearing up the joint ;). We ate some more and stayed until about 11 and George and I were both exhausted.

All in all it was a fantastic weekend. Next week will be super crazy busy with work, so I won't be blogging much. My exchange students are coming on Friday, but I'm a chaperone so I will be flown out to Quebec on Thursday morning and taking the train to London with my exchange students on Friday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog Sharon. We had such a great time and it was so nice that we were all able to get together.

Sun Jun 25, 10:09:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home