Saturday, May 27, 2006

I Was Patient Number 9,284,096

So I decided to go to the walk-in clinic today. I can't seem to shake this cold that I've had for three weeks now. This past week my symptoms were at the worst. I completely lost my voice the day I had that TV interview with Rogers. I am coughing up gross colours of phlegm, that I'm sure you rather not hear about. I'm coughing so much that I think I might cough up a lung and it's hard to breathe with all the phlegm. When I cough I feel pain in my upper chest too. Along with this I've had the sweats, chills, fatigue, headache, and sore throat.

What does the doctor tell me?

Take an antihistamine.

That will be 3 hours of my life that I will never get back. I didn't want to go in the first place, but I have friends, family and my significant other worried about me not getting over this damn cold. So I went.

The doctor at the walk-in clinic looked like he was on his last breath. Out to lunch time to retire!

I came home and slept some more this afternoon and woke up with the sweats even though I was wearing very little and didn't have a blanket on!

Yeah, an antihistamine will do me real good

I asked the doctor what I should do if I'm still sick by next week. He said to come back and see a doctor. Go figure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

I often call the Telehealth toll free line before I go to walk ins in case they have useful advice. Sometimes they can help with the symptoms, although they won't make a diagnosis.

Thu Jun 01, 10:04:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home